Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June by Robin Benway - Readable

The Extraordinary Secret of April, May, and June is a wonderful book! Unfortunately, it had a few downsides, such as a lot of cussing. I was quite surprised at the intensity of the foul language. However, I did understand why the author included that in there. Teenagers are teenagers and high school is high school. There are three sisters in this wonderful tale: April, May and June. Here is a little bit about their personalities.
April: the older sister who can see the future, gets great grades, and is a little bit over protective but very deep. May: the middle sister who can turn invisible, shuts herself out from her family, has almost no friends, hates history, and could almost be considered goth. June: the youngest sister who can read minds, wants to have lots of friends and be popular, is really pretty, and is too eager to grow up.
This story unfolds from three points of view, these three sisters. They get their powers on a strange day and when April gets a strange vision about June, April and May try to do everything in their power to stop it from happening. No spoilers! I promised myself I would give you no spoilers to the ending! :) You will just have to read it and find out! I recommend it to ages 13 and over... but probably more like 14 and over. (:
 I really did enjoy this book, but I recommend checking it out at the library or just borrowing it from a friend. It depends on what kind of books you are into, but I think you might want to read a couple of chapters before deciding if you want to buy it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment