Sunday, May 1, 2011

39 Clues by Many, Many Authors - Rereadable or Readable (One way or the other)

Hey everyone! It's been a while and I have missed you! Anyways, I haven't done a book review in a while; although, I have been meaning to! I have been reading and buying quite a few books, but I have been having so many tests and essays, I just never find the time. So, here is a book review on the first two books from the 39 Clues series by a bunch of great authors: Book 1: The Maze of Bones + Book 2: One False Note.
So, I thought The Maze of Bones was really great, I mean, he totally introduced you to the character with GREAT foreshadowing. I loved his variety in vocabulary and it was just awesome!
So, basically, the series is about Amy (who is fourteen years old) and Dan (who is eleven years old) Cahill, who are siblings. The Cahill family is one of the most powerful family in the world, but no one really knows that because not all Cahills have the last name "Cahill". The Cahill family is split up into 4 branches (actually 5, but I am not supposed to know that yet because I am only one books 3. You can't blame a girl for looking it up on Google): Lucian, Ekaterina, Tomas, and Janus who were all Cahill siblings once, but had a huge fight and made the four branches. After Grace Cahill dies, she issues out a search for the 39 clues, that, supposedly, if found, could make you the most powerful person on Earth.
I loved the way he introduced everyone: Amy, Dan, Ian, Natalie, Irina, Alistair, the Holts, Nellie, Grace, Aunt Beatrice, Jonah, the Starling family, and so on. It would take quite a while for me to tell you who all of these characters are, so, that gives you even more incentive to read the series! 
In the first book (The Maze of Bones) they have to go Paris, France in search of the first clue), but people try to kill them. Plus, what is up with that creepy man in black?!? Shudder!
In the second book (One False Note) they have to go to Vienna, Austria and then Venice, Italy in search of the second clue (which has to do with Wolfang Mozart and Nannerl [his sister]). 
I loved the first two books and there are so many more in the series!
I do think that until you get to the end of the series, you should just check them out at the library or borrow them. Sometimes I like to borrow books and then if I love them I buy them afterwards.
 I can't wait to keep on reading! If you want more information, check out Wikepedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_39_Clues
I would like to thank my friend Kathryn, for letting me borrow the first four books! Thanks Kathryn!! (check out her blog: http://kkuharsbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/hunger-games.html?spref=gb it is awesome)
I will be doing a review on A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray soon, so wait just a little bit longer! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. :) I love google, although it always ends up ruining things for me. I'm glad you like them. Rember that one day for pe, yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes. I do like them.
    what? lol

    ReplyDelete