Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Fandomly Rereadable

Hey, everyone! So, yes, I am back! It's been - and still is - a stressful school quarter for me. However, there is one thing I haven't said...
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Rather, happy 2012! It's going to be a great year and it's already full of promise - and, of course, more book reviews!
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare is about a girl named Tessa who gets taken by these women called the Dark Sisters. They help her - by torturing her - unleash her talent - shape shifting. She is rescued by heartstoppingly gorgeous Will, a Shadowhunter, and some other Shadowhunters. She has to figure out the truth about what happened to her brother, stay away from evil Mortmain, and more!
This was a great book! It's a prequel series, THE INFERNAL DEVICES, to the Mortal Instruments Series. It's set in the older days rather than in modern day. I, honestly, like it far better than the Mortal Instruments series because of that. The characters are well-developed and sane (for the most part) and they really develop throughout just ONE book. The plot is solid with twists that are completely unexpected! The second book in the series, Clockwork Prince, has already been released.
I highly recommend buying this book series. I actually like it better than the Mortal Instruments series, and that says something.
Hope you enjoyed! I will doing the review for Divergent by Veronica Roth later, but I have already finished reading it. Catch you later!

“Novelists have always had complete freedom to pretty much tell their story any way they saw fit. And that's what I'm trying to do.” -Quentin Tarantino

No comments:

Post a Comment