My name is Maria Stanica and I review things - especially books. I have random thoughts which I occasionally share with the world. Authors, if you send me your book I will gladly review it and give you my honest opinion. Anyone can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond. Beware, you have entered the kingdom of the Princess of Pages.
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Liebster Blog Award
Hello, my lovely readers! Today I discovered that Bookworm from Bookworm in Love (check out her blog: Bookworm in Love) tagged mefor the Liebster Blog Award. Honestly, I was completely shocked because, HELLO!, I have less than 20 followers. Then I went an read her post. According to Bookworm, "The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. Again, MADE MY MORNING."
Before I get started on the little inerview thing I have to do, I want to thank Bookworm for tagging me! It's an honor! Thank you!
Here's How it Works:
1. Each person must post 10 facts about themselves 2. Answer 10 questions the tagger has given you and give 10 questions for the people you’ve tagged. 3. Choose 10 people and link them in your post. 4. Tell them you’ve tagged them. 5. Remember, no tag backs.
10 Facts About Me:
1. I am going to be a freshman in high school this year.
2. I love reading, reviewing, and writing (obviously)
3. I have a cat named Max.
4. I am bilingual (Romanian and English)
5. I am OBSESSED with Cassidy Tucker's YouTube videos. (CassJayTuck)
6. My favorite color is blue.
7. My favorite disney princess is Belle. :)
8. I have been playing the piano since I was eight.
9. I love listening to music, and one of my favorite songs is "Sparks Fly" by Taylor Swift.
10. I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Parisa, France before.
My Questions from Bookworm:
1. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for about 2 years and a half. I really should pinpoint the date and have an "anniversary".
2. What's your favorite book?
That's a really tough question, but I would have to say Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I recently read it and loved it!
3. Do you have any ARCs right now? If so, what?
I wish, haha. My blog is pretty new and undiscovered, but I hope to get some in the future!
4. Who's your favorite author?
I have so many, so I can't give you a single answer, but here are a few: Ally Carter, Meg Cabot, J.K. Rowling, Beth Revis, Veronica Roth, Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Stephenie Meyer, Rick Riordan, Sarah Dessen, Jane Austen, Cassandra Clare, William Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, James Dashner, Libba Bray, etc... (Wow, that was NOT a few!)
5. What's your favorite band?
I LOVE One Republic, Honor Society, All American Rejects, and Allstar Weekend.
6. Why did you start a book blog?
I want to be a writer and the best way to expand my knowledge about writing is to read. I wanted to get my word out there and come into contact with more writers and reviewers - you know, getting familiar with the writing and publishing and reviewing process. I started it especially because no one I know really wants to hear me ramble on and on about books. They kinda just stare at me like, "Shut up. I don't care."
7. What type of books do you like to review?
I typically like to review YA books but I will review pretty much any book.
8. Where are you from?
I don't really know how to answer this question, but here goes. My whole family originates from Romania. Literally, there was pretty much no moving around from other countries. My parents moved to Buffalo, New York (where I was born) in their early twenties. We lived there for a year and a half until we moved to Montgomery, Alabama. When I was eight we moved to California (I don't want to disclose my current city location) where I have lived ever since. (I'm fourteen.)
9. What is your favorite food?
I love fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits, and corn OFF of the cob.