Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan - WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO READ THIS?!?!

You know that moment when you buy a book because you've heard so many good things about it, and you keep buying each book that comes out in the series, but you never get around to reading any of them?
Yeah, that's what happened to me with this series. 
Buuuuuut, I FINALLY GOT TO READING THE LOST HERO!
I had heard so many ravings about it from some of my favorite BookTubers - and honestly, I didn't expect anything short of amazing from Rick Riordan. After reading the Percy Jackson series and reading the first two books of the Kane Chronicles, I knew that this series would be fantastic too.
I thought I knew EXACTLY what was going to happen in this book and it did not happen. Nope. Rick Riordan surprised me so many times while I was reading this book I almost exploded a few times.
The plot was great, as per usual and the writing style... Oh my word the writing style. Rick Riordan has this way of painting pictures in your mind and writing beautifully, but it is to the point and each character's point of view has a different writing style. Each POV really connects you with the character and you don't feel detached. 
Rick Riordan is an evil, evil, evil, clever man. I'm actually kinda glad that I didn't read the books a few years ago. You know why? BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE HAD TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOKS. AFTER CLIFFHANGERS. WHY RICK RIORDAN WHY. Well, I still have to wait for House of Hades... but I have to read The Son of Neptune and Mark of Athena first.
Oopsies. Got off track.
In all, I highly recommend reading this amazing book written by Rick Riordan.
And, Rick Riordan, if you're reading this (which you most likely aren't), KEEP ON BEING SUCH AN EVIL, CLEVER MAN. Even though your twists and cliff hangers cause my soul pain, it makes your books fantastic. Thanks for writing such amazng series.
Talk to you all later! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally started Heroes of Olympus. Out of the three books that are out, Son of Neptune is my favourite. Mostly because of Percy. I was a teeny tiny bit disappointed by Mark of Athena but that's probably because me and my friend spent soooo much time discussing and theorizing and predicting what would happen in it. Get on the other books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started Son of Neptune and am loving it so far!! :D Can't wait to be able to discuss with people about the whol series instead of just the first book! :)

      Delete