Saturday, July 20, 2013

BookTube-A-Thon Update #6

Hey, guys!
What's that I hear? PROGRESS!
That's right, you heard me. PROGRESS HAPPENED.
I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for the reread challenge... And let's just say, when BookTube-A-Thon is over, I'll be rereading the rest of the series with a box of chocolate and tissues *sob*.
Anyhoo, I'm reading The Serpent's Shadow now and I'll be finishing that tonight. I didn't get as far as I wanted to today, though. I was planning on finishing The Serpent's Shadow and then moving on to Beautiful Darkness, but still, PROGRESS OCCURRED AND I'M SUPER HAPPY.
I probably won't complete all the challenges by the time BookTube-A-Thon ends, but who says I can't continue doing the challenges after it's over?
If I can't finish listening to the audiobook of This is What Happy Looks Like, and if I can't finish Dacid Copperfield for my classic choice, I'll definitely continue to read them into next week.
I'm so glad I did BookTube-A-Thon this week. It's helped me get out of my reading slump and get off the internet so much.
Not to say I'm not on the internet a lot anymore (I definitely am surfing the web a lot) but I've learned how to manage my time better and that I can make way more time for reading than I thought I could, while still making time for internet, TV, friends, family, etc... (Wow, I'm sure that was a run-on sentence.) It's all about the time management skills and saying no to distractions.
I guess that's what got me into my reading slump in the first place, and I'm extremely grateful that I'm out of it.
Now that we've got that interesting deep, soul-repleneshing discussion out of the way, I'll leave you to your reading bookworms! Tell me how your progress has been in the comments below! Talk to you soon! Good luck reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment