Monday, September 16, 2013

Iron King by Julie Kagawa - FANDOMLY OBSESSABLE. I LOVE THIS BOOK.

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.
This book, you guys.
This book. 
I've already finished the second book which I will be reviewing later on. 
I highly recommend this novel.
The plot is fairly fast paced, not extremely quick, but it is fast enough so that you don't get bored or want to put it down. 
The writing style is one of my favorite parts of the book. It is well-written but it isn't complicated. Her descriptions are gorgeous and they paint pictures of the world and the characters perfectly. I felt as if I was watching a movie in my mind. Sometimes descriptions in general can take away from a story because they don't sound like the main character character is talking (it sounds more like a poet took over the main character's body), but Julie Kagawa managed to make the descriptions beautiful while maintaining the character's voice and personality.
Unfortunately, the plot was spoiled for me because: a) internet b) I accidentally started reading the last book instead of the first book. I got two chapters in and... now I know what happens in the end of book three. Oh well.
Despite the fact that the plot was spoiled for me, there were still plenty of twists that surprised me. I was sure that I would know everything that was going to happen right off the bat, but I didn't. Julie Kagawa kept me on my toes the entire time. 
I love her characters. Meghan didn't annoy me at all in this book (and I hope she continues to not annoy me in the rest of the series). For once once the main character finds out that she's from a different world or dimension or etc... she doesn't just accept it! She actually freaked out and had trouble understand and accepting the idea like an actual human being! I also loved Puck and Ash (but I'm definitely "Team" Ash). Puck is hilarious and rebellious and adorable. Ash is mysterious and brooding and drool-worthy. I also loved the supporting characters - not one of the people mentioned didn't interest me.
Obviously I recommend this book. Check it out! It's thrilling and adventurous and so many other adjectives that I can't think of right now.
I'll definitely review the rest of the books in the series once I'm done.
Hope you enjoyed! I'll talk to y'all soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment